Thursday 1 October 2009

The Post Before The Plinth

What talent would you most like to be known for?


I’m a writer. It is all I can do.


I’m happy with that, I get a lot of joy from writing. I get rid of a lot of sadness through it too.


However, I don’t think I’d like to be ‘known’ as the modern world likes to know its people. I don’t want celebrity.


Simple answer that one. I want people to say “There goes Jensen, he’s a writer.” That is how I want to be defined.


Although I’ve been advised that ‘talent’ is a bit limiting and that I might as well also ask what ‘action’ you might most like to be known for.




—-


Thoughts.


Right. I’ve been thinking a lot about my goals while I’m up on the plinth. I watched Kate last night at 12am and I was deeply inspired by her. I hope she is around on the day when I make it along. I want to shake her hand and thank her for calming me down a lot.


I have decided what I’m going to go up there and do. Aside from my mission to Raise Awareness for Awareness, my mother’s charity ‘Save the Family’ have given me a t-shirt and so I’m going up in that and will talk a little about them and their cause www.savethefamily.uk.com. They really are a wonderful charity. I was loath to get up there without doing some sort of good that was tangible and potent. The last thing I wanted to do was be selfish and get up there just to do it for myself. I do want it to be fully aware of the experience but I want there to be a measurable benefit to the world as well, not just the potential for a little introspection.



OK.



These are the set of questions I want you to answer for yourselves, if you can. Take it as seriously as you like. Answer as many as you like. If you want some anonymity you can email me the answers rather than put them below in a comment. I will reply/comment to all responses that I receive. - jensenwilder@gmail.com


There is no rush to answer them. In fact, there is no need to answer them - just have a little think. Take some time out and consider things. Print them off and just put them in your purse/wallet. Take them out on the train, on a mountain, in a forest, or in the pub and just have a think. [They also work really well as conversation points with new people you meet]



Who are you?


Can you introduce yourself in a sentence, does it reveal who you are?


What is our origin?


Do you believe in god?


Do we have free will in our lives?


Is there a balance of good and evil, or does one outweigh the other?


To what extent do you feel that you can change the world?


Is there such a thing as Truth?


What would be the model you would choose to live to? (i.e… Do unto others…? Look after yourself?)


Do people have souls?


What is beauty?


What is consciousness?


What is freedom?




And Lastly.... Are you the same person now as you were when you began reading this/before you saw me on the plinth? Have you considered who you are?












.

No comments:

Post a Comment