Tuesday 22 September 2009

introduction

I am not a philosopher. I am new to the idea of formal ideas in philosophy.

I have started to learn what people have asked themselves, I'm going to work toward structuring the chaos of ideas.

I'm am not new to questions!

I'm using this little part of the internet as a place to record the questions that matter to me. As a place to recount the ideas that I encounter.

This is prompted by my inclusion in the One and Other project (www.oneandother.co.uk) created by Antony Gormley. The idea is thus...

This summer, sculptor Antony Gormley invites you to help create an astonishing living monument. He is asking the people of the UK to occupy the empty Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square in London, a space normally reserved for statues of Kings and Generals. They will become an image of themselves, and a representation of the whole of humanity.

A car crash of thoughts happened when I was picked. Then a bright and shining example of simplicity came through.

Raise awareness for awareness itself.

Not in any sucking eggs fashion, but out of interest in walking the talk that I talk. I want to be forced to continue my quest. If I get up on the plinth with that objective then I'm going to force my life in the direction of questioning. I'm going to produce a purpose for myself.

A spectacle to push myself forward. Like getting sponsored to run a race gives you that extra pressure to succeed.

The reason for my existence has always been veiled from me, will forever remain so, and much pain it causes. However, at this moment I have a chance to create a direction for myself.

I'm going to ask questions.



follow me on twitter @jensenwilder

No comments:

Post a Comment